Skip to main content

Merry Christmas

Christmas Day sees me with three guest dogs - Ginny, Stoker &Taz.
Ginny is here for a week while Taz stayed last night and is going to be collected later this afternoon. Stoker is with me for four nights - rather unexpectedly but his owners were let down. Stoker is 3yrs old and a Heinz.
Ginny is a 12 yr old Red Lab while Taz is a cross Lab/Collie from Nth.York. Lovely dogs.
And we still have Taz's presents to open!
Yesterday afternoon I went down to Pooley Bridge and Lake Ullswater. This was my home for many years and it felt lovely to be walking by the lake again.
I managed to get one or two nice photographs, including the one below.
I hope you like it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Jump !!

How do I get that biscuit ?? Sumo will show you Honey........  Well done Honey ! Now it's Bert's turn ........ WELL DONE BERT ! ......oh dear Bert.....better try again.....

The Czechoslovakian Wolfdog

Over the years I've worked with most breeds, from Akitas and Rottweilers through to Chihuahuas and Yorkshire Terriers. Now I can mention another breed - a Czechslovakian Wolfdog. Meet Kyra, who I'm just beginning to train. As these are early days, the long line is still required to prevent her running off but this is only for short term use until I know with complete confidence that she will respond to the recall. Talking with Kyra's owner Not a common sight in the English Countryside On a different note, Paul was contacted at the start of the week by the Farmers Guardian, asking to use his very powerful photograph from one of my sheep chasing lessons. It features on the "Sheep" page on my website and previously featured in an article on me last year. The dog featured is a Presa Canario x Rottweiler. And I can honestly say that no sheep was bitten or harmed. An all too common sight caused by thoughtless owners But to finish off, let me introduce y...

Summer 2019 - sunshine and showers

How wonderful to see a dog express his enjoyment at being in water as much as Bear does. This youngster loved our muddy ditch and ran up and down constantly. But then came the washing and drying of Bear and the question "why did I allow him to do that ?!" Bear .............and then there was Murray ! Murray Heidi, a recent residential training youngster, loved to let off steam by jumping through the air for a tuft of grass. This Munsterlander was quite a sight, as her long legs allowed her to get quite a leap. Heidi Mick, enjoying some playtime in the heather ! Mick Bert is famous ..... well, in a way he is. Rachel's lad is on the front cover of a certain 2020 calendar. Photograph by Paul.