Skip to main content

Labradors come and go and come again ..

Hugo and Max, my Black Lab guests have completed their training and returned home to Bedfordshire.
Replacing them are Fudge and Bailey, two Yellow Labradors. Both are now off the long line in my field although there's still plenty of training to go before they're good enough to go home. But in the meantime, Bailey is enjoying her freedom !

Bailey enjoys being off the longline


Fudge 
My other residential training guest who currently staying with me is Phoebe. Like the Labs, she's also a young dog.
At the moment Phoebe is always on the lead or long line as her desire to chase after something moving far away in the distance is too great. But given time I'll sort that problem out.
Yet again I'm fortunate to have dogs staying with me who are really enjoyable to train, who want to please and in truth are full of love and affection.

Phoebe
But no day is complete without a Chow Chow. This lovely young girl is only 10 months old and came to my home for her first lesson ..... though was very unsure about Paul and his camera !

One of my day training dogs, a beautiful young Chow Chow
Today I have had the good fortune to work with one of the top five rarest dog breeds in the world - a Stabyhoun, from the from Friesland area of Holland. What a wonderful dog.

This what aStabyhoun looks like :)

I'm watching you !!!.................. My 20 month old Working Clumber Spaniel, Annie.


Following recent illnesses and mishaps with our own dogs, the comment was made that Honey was the "best of the lot".
Not anymore !
Somehow on a walk recently, she broke her back right leg. Due to her size nothing can be done, other than being fed Metacam morning, noon and night. Suffice to say she's now receiving even more attention than she normally gets and is being passed from lap to lap. But as the photograph shows, NOTHING comes between Honey and her food !

Leg ? What leg ? My bowl is nearly empty !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Italian Connection - Harry the Spinone

Let me introduce you to Harry, an Italian Spinone. Harry arrived yesterday for a day's "try out", prior to any long term boarding. He's as gentle as he looks and those eyes .... ! Janet

"Come on Chief, smile !!"

"Come on Chief, smile !!" That look from 9 mth old Chief tells me I'm lucky to take even one photograph of him ! Chief is just one dog who has stayed with me since the New Year, either for boarding or residential training. Nearly all can be seen on my Cumbria Dog Training Facebook page, and with a husband who is more than cabaple Peanut enjoys the fells. Meet Nala, a beautiful Portuguese Water Dog, who, at 7 mths old is still displaying alot of puppy traits. She's staying for a 24 hr try out and has fitted in really well. I'm pleased to be able to say that Peanut is staying with me again. This young Cocker is such a lovely girl who makes herself right at home and gets on so well with everyone, both people and dogs. And finally, time for my own girls !

Bailey goes back to school

My daughter Rachel has been working with me for some months now, both walking and and very occasionally, helping to train dogs (with the owners knowledge). Two weeks ago, she was given the responsibility of turning around the behaviour of young tearaway Bailey, a Cocker Spaniel. He arrived pulling, no recall and having absolutely no eye contact. But with persistence and a little hard work, things are really starting to change !