Skip to main content

Spring is here ..... I think

Me and my dog!
At some point each day I find a little time to train my own dog Tilly for gundog work.
She's a Working Clumber Spaniel as opposed to the heavier built "show" dogs favoured by the Crufts judges !
Tilly's stubborness is a trait of her breed - though at times I've wanted to scream !
But my determination to have a well trained gundog is almost complete. I like to think this photo shows that the love isn't all one sided !

While my dog is on her final stages of shoot training, Fran's dog Maddie is the next think to perfection !!

She has been to numerous shoots over the past year and Fran has won alot of admiration for the way she's trained her dog - not always an easy thing to achieve in the male world of shooting and beating.

Lewis
While I've been busy training and helping people sort their sheep chasing dogs out, Paul has been out and about with guest dogs. With Jake and Tilly having gone home after 5 weeks, Lewis is staying for a month, with company from Ruby.
While fog stopped the walk to Helvellyn at Keppel Cove dam (Paul tells me !), no such problems were encountered when he went up to Grisedale Tarn two days later.
Lewis enjoying the early spring sunshine
An early spring walk
Meanwhile Ruby is enjoying another stay with me and as I write lays by my feet! No doubt recovering from yesterday's walk. She certainly appears mystified by Lewis in the photo below.
Ruby and Lewis
Honey and best mate Jaffa
Well here are two dogs that are always pleased to see Ruby return ... though for rather different reasons. Poor Ruby only has to get off her bed for a drink and one of them will suddenly feel tired and need a lay down! Previous photos have shown that somewhere in Jaffa's shadow you will find a little Chihuahua !

To see any of the photos in full size, left click the image then when it shows, right click it then select "view image" A small "magnifying glass" which you click for the full effect. Then use the "back arrow" to return to the post. Easy !
Janet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Italian Connection - Harry the Spinone

Let me introduce you to Harry, an Italian Spinone. Harry arrived yesterday for a day's "try out", prior to any long term boarding. He's as gentle as he looks and those eyes .... ! Janet

"Come on Chief, smile !!"

"Come on Chief, smile !!" That look from 9 mth old Chief tells me I'm lucky to take even one photograph of him ! Chief is just one dog who has stayed with me since the New Year, either for boarding or residential training. Nearly all can be seen on my Cumbria Dog Training Facebook page, and with a husband who is more than cabaple Peanut enjoys the fells. Meet Nala, a beautiful Portuguese Water Dog, who, at 7 mths old is still displaying alot of puppy traits. She's staying for a 24 hr try out and has fitted in really well. I'm pleased to be able to say that Peanut is staying with me again. This young Cocker is such a lovely girl who makes herself right at home and gets on so well with everyone, both people and dogs. And finally, time for my own girls !

Keep Cool Sumo !

Few things are nicer than a beautiful summer's walk being finished off by a cooling swim in a beck, hidden from all and known by only a few. Paul's dog Sumo is in his element here, with the joy of jumping in, then swimming to retrieve a tennis ball. Sumo leaps for he's worth. Bert has figured out how to leave the far bank to cross the beck but unfortunately for him, he's sitting on the last rock. Next step will be into the water.....not a thing he particularly enjoys. Bert  A beautiful image captures a beautiful dog - Lewis, a Black Labrador. Lewis  Chester is a regular boarding dog and his owners asked Paul to take a series of photographs of him while he stayed with us. Here is just one of them. Chester What can I say ? This is me having alot of fun - especially with Milo, a Pug X Shih Tzu.