Skip to main content

Cool Dogs

I'm lucky enough to live in one of the most beautiful rural areas of the UK. And if that wasn't enough, it's a quiet area too, free in the main from tourists and visitors.
Why is this important ?
Because it means there are lots of "secret" places that, despite their beauty, nobody knows about. This allows myself or Rachel to exercise the dogs in complete solitude !
One such place is a beck deep enough to swim in (I know), and a fantastic place to take the dogs on hot days.
It's a strangely satisfying feeling seeing the dogs swimming around, cooling off and looking totally happy and content. And I guess no dogs exemplify this more than Bert and Charlie, Rachel's own two dogs


The whirlwind is back AKA Peggy !
This photograph sums her up - she seems to fly around, not stopping for breath, just an absolute bundle of energy.
But what a cracking little Cocker Spaniel she is.


Bear chasing Bryher became a feature when these two recently stayed. These two loved playing together and when the big lad had had enough, Bryher hadn't - and would egg him on more !



Vicky is cute - not a word I would normally use but I'll make an exception for her.
And I think it's quite obvious why !







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Italian Connection - Harry the Spinone

Let me introduce you to Harry, an Italian Spinone. Harry arrived yesterday for a day's "try out", prior to any long term boarding. He's as gentle as he looks and those eyes .... ! Janet

"Come on Chief, smile !!"

"Come on Chief, smile !!" That look from 9 mth old Chief tells me I'm lucky to take even one photograph of him ! Chief is just one dog who has stayed with me since the New Year, either for boarding or residential training. Nearly all can be seen on my Cumbria Dog Training Facebook page, and with a husband who is more than cabaple Peanut enjoys the fells. Meet Nala, a beautiful Portuguese Water Dog, who, at 7 mths old is still displaying alot of puppy traits. She's staying for a 24 hr try out and has fitted in really well. I'm pleased to be able to say that Peanut is staying with me again. This young Cocker is such a lovely girl who makes herself right at home and gets on so well with everyone, both people and dogs. And finally, time for my own girls !

Bailey goes back to school

My daughter Rachel has been working with me for some months now, both walking and and very occasionally, helping to train dogs (with the owners knowledge). Two weeks ago, she was given the responsibility of turning around the behaviour of young tearaway Bailey, a Cocker Spaniel. He arrived pulling, no recall and having absolutely no eye contact. But with persistence and a little hard work, things are really starting to change !