Skip to main content

Now, where did I park my Ark ?

The recent floods have allowed me to offer guests the use of my pool. The opening times vary of course and on occassion it's really only fit for paddling in but, no doubt, it will be very popular !
This was the scene on Thursday afternoon as the county suffered from torrential rain. By the following morning however, the floods had disappeared as quickly as they'd arrived.


Flooded fields




Two dogs who thoroughly enjoy the rain are Maddie (L) and training dog Clara (R). I was able to simply stand and watch as these two spent an eternity chasing each other through the many floods. The water was shallow in comparison to the river, which I avoided going anywhere near. The last thing I wanted to see was an over eager dog getting literally out of it's depths in a strong flow.

Maddie (L) and training dog Clara (R)
The interesting thing is that given a day or two without rain, many floods disappear, as shown in the picture below. Training dogs Teddie (L) and Clara (R) enjoy some playtime in my field. Both are in for residential training but like all dogs, need to let off steam with supervised play and exercise.

Teddie (L) and Clara (R)
A recent boarding guest was 5 month old Harry, a lightening fast Springer Spaniel. Paul would take this fantastic dog out and I think this is the only image in which Harry is actually still !
We're looking forward to him returning next month for residential training
.

Harry the Springer Spaniel - still at last !!
My final photograph has nothing to with dogs.
Right outside my back door stands a fir tree from which I hang a number of bird feeders. Judging by the number of Blue Tits enjoying a feed, I think I've made a few friends !

Breakfast, lunch and dinner for my feathery friends


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Italian Connection - Harry the Spinone

Let me introduce you to Harry, an Italian Spinone. Harry arrived yesterday for a day's "try out", prior to any long term boarding. He's as gentle as he looks and those eyes .... ! Janet

"Come on Chief, smile !!"

"Come on Chief, smile !!" That look from 9 mth old Chief tells me I'm lucky to take even one photograph of him ! Chief is just one dog who has stayed with me since the New Year, either for boarding or residential training. Nearly all can be seen on my Cumbria Dog Training Facebook page, and with a husband who is more than cabaple Peanut enjoys the fells. Meet Nala, a beautiful Portuguese Water Dog, who, at 7 mths old is still displaying alot of puppy traits. She's staying for a 24 hr try out and has fitted in really well. I'm pleased to be able to say that Peanut is staying with me again. This young Cocker is such a lovely girl who makes herself right at home and gets on so well with everyone, both people and dogs. And finally, time for my own girls !

Bailey goes back to school

My daughter Rachel has been working with me for some months now, both walking and and very occasionally, helping to train dogs (with the owners knowledge). Two weeks ago, she was given the responsibility of turning around the behaviour of young tearaway Bailey, a Cocker Spaniel. He arrived pulling, no recall and having absolutely no eye contact. But with persistence and a little hard work, things are really starting to change !